Google Search

Google
 

Monday, June 9, 2008

My Story

Achieving the Permanent residency status is the number one agenda of every international student or prospective migrants wanting to come to Australia.

I was one such international student who arrived in Australia on the 2nd of Feb, 2005 and became a permanent resident on the 28th of May 2008. I had to go through a painful, stressful and outrageously expensive process , though, I think there was also a less expensive way to do so.

Any how, what is done is done. Let me narrate my story in pictures and words. Hope the readers are able to make a much better decision and learn from my experiences.


Offer of admission from UTS

I was offered a letter of offer from UTS some where in Nov 2004. I quickly started the procedure for the final grant of a student visa to Australia. Paying the tuition fees, performing medical check ups, blah blah.

Grant of visa


Finally after filling out all the forms, submitting all the documents requested, I was finally granted the visa.



Letter of grant of visa from the Australian High Commission, Islamabad, Pakistan
















Unlike previous times, I was not interviewed for the visa. The visa was sent stamped on my passport and sent to the offices of my educational consultant.






Original Student visa as stamped on my passport. The label has been stamped inoperable on expiry.

Studying at UTS

Studying while searching for work and getting blue collar jobs such as filling shelves in super markets, washing cars and delivering pizzas was some thing I had never done before.

After a lot of struggle, hard work, patience and determination, I was finally able to finish my studies from UTS




Page one of my UTS transcript

















Degree awarded during graduation ceremony


Permanent Residency

I applied for Permanent residency on the 27th of Sept, 2007. After appearing in the IELTS exam for three times, I was able to achieve a score of

Listening 8.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 8.0
Speaking 9.0

in the exam because of which I was able to claim the extra bonus points.




Copy of my IELTS report.

Finally on the 28th of May, after waiting for almost eight months , I was awarded the permanent residency.




Stamp of permanent residency on my passport.

End of story!

Junaid

Migration Agent Registration Number: 0964018

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Junaid,

Congratulations buddy!!! Gained a lot of info from ur blog and got many queries answered by u anonymously , and am happy for you dude. Mashallah, good things happen to good peeps! Keep up the good work yo! cheers man!

Anonymous said...

hi, could you tell me how long it takes on average between completing the study and getting the master degree certificate in australian universities. If you don't know the average could you tell yours? Also was the IELTS you have taken to get points academic or general?
Thanks very much in advance.

Junaid Noor said...

@Baggi

*****************

hi, could you tell me how long it takes on average between completing the study and getting the master degree certificate in australian universities. If you don't know the average could you tell yours? Also was the IELTS you have taken to get points academic or general?
Thanks very much in advance.

*******************

You get the certificate as soon as the results are announced for your final semester which normally happens in 3 or 4 weeks.

The actual degree certificate is awarded in a ceremony held 3 months later.

For immigration purposes, all you need is the actual results and a statement of degree completion from the university which you can easily get.

The score I have shown for my IELTS is for general version of IELTS.

Kind Regards

Junaid

Anonymous said...

Hi Junaid,

Congratulations on achieving the feat, which every international student dreams of after coming to Australia, i.e. P.R.

I think you struggled a lot for IELTS and finally came out with flying colours.

Can you advice me on IELTS preparation and how to score such high bands as yours. I will be completing my masters Next semester i.e.by Nov-08. So please guide as to when i should take up the IELTS and the right way to score.

YOur suggestions would be highly apprecited.

Raj

Junaid Noor said...

@Raj

*************************

Hi Junaid,

Congratulations on achieving the feat, which every international student dreams of after coming to Australia, i.e. P.R.

I think you struggled a lot for IELTS and finally came out with flying colours.

Can you advice me on IELTS preparation and how to score such high bands as yours. I will be completing my masters Next semester i.e.by Nov-08. So please guide as to when i should take up the IELTS and the right way to score.

YOur suggestions would be highly apprecited.

************************


I actually didnt take the exam seriously as I thought I will clear the exam on the first go as I had previously scored 7 band in an academic version of the test.

So when I had wasted $600 I realised I should take it seriously.

So when I took it seriously, I got out of it.

Now, my lawyer did give me a CD which helped me a lot.

I was getting stuck in one particular module Reading and I knew what mistake I was making.

So first identify what your mistake is.

Then start working towards it.

Send me your postal address and I will send you the CD.

It will cost $10 or less in Australia to send that CD.

Kind Regards

Junaid

Anonymous said...

hi,were you outside australia when you applied for PR? while waiting for the result were you entitled to stay in australia or did you have to be outside? if you were in australia what type of visa were you on?
by the way, i really appreciate your kindness and help. you have never ignored and answered my questions promptly. thank you very much.

Junaid Noor said...

@Baggi

*****************************

hi,were you outside australia when you applied for PR? while waiting for the result were you entitled to stay in australia or did you have to be outside? if you were in australia what type of visa were you on?
by the way, i really appreciate your kindness and help. you have never ignored and answered my questions promptly. thank you very much.


************************

I was inside Australia when I applied for PR and I was on a student visa.

Kind Regards

Junaid

Anonymous said...

Hi Junaid,
I found that your blog is so interesting and so helpful for all international students dreaming of PR.
I would like to know i am a srilakan student enrolled at TAFE for a networking course which combines with UWS.
could you send me your mail address for me to send you a detailed question which may help me a lot to know many things about PR?.

all the best.
-Asela

Junaid Noor said...

@Asela

My email address is

junaid@study-n-australia.com.au

Kind Regards

Junaid

Anonymous said...

Hi Junaid,

I am sorry for my bothering, but I have a concern. Could you please let me know why there is not UTS's logo in your certificate? Is there any differences between the certificate of bachelor and master's? I used to see a logo of UTS at the left corner of the bachelor's certificate.

Kind regards,
Lucy

Junaid Noor said...

@Lucy

The image is that of a degree and not of a certificate.

If you look at the red colored image at the bottom right hand side of the degree award, you will see the UTS logo.

Kind Regards

Junaid